Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Little Brute

Yes, she sure is cute beyond belief but she is a handful and a half. Don't be fooled by the picture. Look away and do not make eye contact. She is rough, tumble, sugar and spice all roll up into one big package. She makes me laugh and pull my hair out all the time. One thing I noticed lately is that she really needs a lesson in how to play nice with other kids. She is not so much for sharing her toys. She pulls them away and makes the little kid "that's mine" grunt. Now, I know she gets it from her older sister who is always trying to steal the toy she is currently playing with. What I do not know is how I am going to begin to change the behavior. I want her to play nice and not be the mean bully kid. I know it will come with time and we will just need to work harder at it. The doctor said since she is the second child she will act out more and boy was he right. All we need to do is try to harness her inner hugger and all will be right with the world.

Anyone else have this same issue? Is so, how did you deal with it?

1 comment:

Susan Lindgren said...

It is just something you have to be consistent with. Once she gets older try role-playing, play with something and don't share it, when she is upset reminder that is how others feel. She might be young for that now.
Good luck

 
Clicky Web Analytics