Sunday, November 30, 2008
For anyone interested, I am also hosting another giveaway. You can enter to win an Italian Charm Bracelet, like the one pictured above, over at Giliena's Blog. There is this and so many other wonderful gift ideas over at Giliena's Italian Charms and European Beads.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
The Botanicals Bamboo Reed Diffuser is a decorative way to add fragrance to your home. The scented oil is poured into the ceramic vase and the natural bamboo reeds are inserted and absorb the oil. It will become a stylish part of your home decor and add a clean fresh scent to your surroundings. I have to say, when the diffuser arrived I was a little worried. I have a hard time with most air fresheners. That was not the case at all. The scent fills a room but is subtle and not overbearing. When I poured the oil into the vase I was a little sloppy and spilled a bit on my table. It wiped away easily without staining my table. I accidentally spilled another brand a while ago and it took the finish right off my nightstand.
The Jillian Dempsey Beauty Palette is wonderful. I was given the warm palette and the colors are beautiful. You can also order the cool palette. All the colors are soft and luxurious. The lipstick is glossy, goes on smooth and is long lasting. I like that the color stayed but did not dry out my lips. The cream eye shadow and blush are easy to apply. This collection of colors will create the perfect look for the holidays or any day. The makeup is gift ready and comes in a decorative magnetic-close compact with built-in mirror.
The nice folks at Avon.com have offered my readers free standard shipping with a $30 order when you shop with an eRepresentative. All you do is enter the code: JINGLE30. Act fast though because this offer expires January 1, 2009. Be sure to take advantage of this great deal during the holidays!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
The first deals with ATM receipts. There are billions of transactions each year. They said that 600 thousand tons of paper is used each year to produce the various receipts we receive for things including those we get from ATMs. That equals millions of trees, enough water to supply 100 homes, and 234 million gallons of oil. That said, please choose not to take your ATM receipt. If you need to check your balance do it online. Several ATMs will even let you check your balance there without generating a receipt. Think about what other receipts you can eliminate because they are unnecessary.
The second point they made was napkins. Most people will grab a lot more napkins than they realistically need or can use. Millions of clean napkins end up in our landfills each year. Taking just one less napkin will keep 150 million from going to a landfill each year. Do not just stop at taking one less napkin though. Start with taking just one or two and get more only if you need them.
These tips really struck home for me. They are small, simple and logical changes we can make to our every day life that can make a huge difference on our environment.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
It is literally that easy. I signed up almost 3 years ago when my oldest daughter was born. Most of the money I have received has been through just every day grocery shopping and shopping for items online. An example of some of the popular grocery name brands that participate are Nestle, Beech-Nut, Elmers, Tylenol, Enfamil, Hefty and so many others.
I am looking forward to the holidays coming up. I plan to shop for my big items online and use the Upromise site to do so. All you have to do is go to their online shopping section. Click on the link for the store you want. It loads the actual web site for that store and as you shop you earn $$$. There is even a toolbar you can load on your web browser. It allows you to eliminate the step of going to the Upromise site each time you shop online. As you shop sites it recognizes which ones are part of the program automatically. It makes online shopping and saving even easier.
I plan to go to the Walmart site and buy my items because they are part of the Upromise program. The cool thing about using Walmart is that I can shop online and then have all my items "sent to store". All I have to do then is go pick them up when they arrive. There is no shipping charge that way and I get to save extra money for college for my girls.
Sign up today and start saving for your kids! You really have nothing to lose and $$$ to gain.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I think I am more of a Target person though. Maybe that is because Target is actually closer to my house. I love going to Target. I am not much of a shopper to be honest. I know a lot of women are and that makes me the odd one out. I just get way too stressed out and down right pissed off when I cannot find what I am looking for. That said, I always seem to find more of what I am looking for at Target. I even love doing my grocery shopping there. Some of the food items I have tried lately have been really yummy.
I really think I like them both but for different reasons. Which do you prefer? With the Christmas Holiday just around the corner which one will you shop at the most? Anyone out there not a fan of either?
Monday, November 17, 2008
Well today my patience, or lack thereof, was rewarded and it was awesome. I was holding my little Izzy when she reached up and grabbed one side of my face and leaned in towards my cheek with her mouth wide open. She is teething so it was the sloppiest slobber kiss ever but I loved every minute of it. I was so happy and so very excited. These are the moments that every mom looks forward to. It only gets better from here and I cannot wait!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I have no doubt an apology will be made soon.
I am not outraged about this but I certainly found the ad annoying. I get where they were trying to go with this but the delivery was way off. Will my personal feeling about this ad lead to me choosing another brand when I have a headache? It is not likely. I use ibuprofen all the time but I usually purchase the generic brands as opposed to Motrin anyways. They should really look to focus groups prior to making an ad like this public. If they did do a focus group then perhaps they need to look for a new one. It is never good to upset the very group you are hoping to market your product to. It is probably the least effective way to win them over. The buzz started yesterday afternoon apparently and it is still the #1 trended topic on Twitter. Opinions definitely vary but a lot of moms out there are really offended by this.
The sad thing about this is that no matter how you carry your child you are bound to have aches and pains. Carrying my cute little chunky one just about kills me at times. I do not use a sling personally but having one allows you to carry those little one that all but demand to be held and still be able to have the use of your hands.
What are your thoughts on the ad? Will you reach for Advil the next time you have an ache or pain? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
So, in order to accept this award the recipient must reveal 8 amazing things about themselves and then pass it on to 8 more rock star bloggers. I am hoping I can come up with 8 amazing things so here goes:
- I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband who supports me 100%, 2 beautiful girls of my own, and one awesome step-daughter.
- I have an Associates Degree in Legal Assisting (although I have not done much with it in years).
- I was the Customer Service Manager for Electronic Arts' online support prior to giving birth to my oldest daughter.
- I love to play video games! I currently play World of Warcraft and have on and off since it launched.
- Even though I was not born in Texas and do not live there right now I will always be a Texan and consider it home.
- I love photography and need to make more time for it.
- I am the owner of Giliena's Italian Charms and European beads and I maintain Powerseller status with my eBay store.
- I love Tinkerbell and Fairies!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Hello, I am Karen and I am also known as Giliena. I am the owner of Giliena's Italian Charms and European Beads. I also have an eBay store and I have been selling on eBay for several years now. I can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Denver.momslikeme.com, and mommytalk.com. I am now over at wishpot.com and working to become an expert there.
Here are a couple of things about me:
- I am an eBay Powerseller with over 2000 feedback and 100% positive score.
- I am a work at home mother of two awesome little girls. One is about to turn 3 and the other is 7 months old.
- I love new and cool products that are safe for my kids. I have found so many really cool items for my kids and I am always thrilled when I find something new and cool for them.
- I love photography. This is something I used to share with my father and it is still very special to me. I have a Kodak digital camera and I love it but I was telling my husband this next year I wanted a new up-to-date camera for personal and business.
- I love playing video games. I used to work for Electronic Arts. I was the Customer Service Manager for their online games. It was the best job ever for me. The only job that was better was being a mom. I enjoy playing both computer and console games. I am currently playing World of Warcraft online. I like The Sims and I just got my hands on Spore so I will be testing that out. I am a huge fan of The Wii. I love the sports games especially the bowling. I have a couple of new ones I am going to be trying out soon. I am looking forward to trying The Wii Fitness pad soon.
- I love blogging and reading various blogs each day.
- I love baking and I am trying to get back to doing more of this. I want to make fun and creative things for my kids. My current project is to make apple chips.
- I have tons of pictures and have been thinking I need to take up scrapbooking as a new hobby.
So, I am following Jessica and I love all the advice she has given so far. I look forward to what she has to say every day. I am behind on my homework so I am going to be working very hard over the next couple of days to catch up.
I did my homework and signed up for Help A Reporter Out and GetClicky.com. Now I need to head over and comment on what brands I like best and why. In case anyone is wondering, my favorites are as follows:
I have so many favorite brands and it is definitely hard to settle in on just three of them. The following are the three that I chose for this homework assignment:
- Target - I love their Archer farms brand. I have purchased several of their items and all have been well received in my home.
- Kodak - I love photography and I love my Kodak camera. I am in the market for a new camera this next year and I will be looking at all available but will go to Kodak first.
- Safe Baby Products - I love all products that are safe for my babies. I am a huge fan of some of the Sassy and Nuby products and always looking for cool new products for my
I would love to hear your comments. Especially if anyone is following the Jessica's advice too.
Homework: For those reading this I highly recommend going over and reading what Jessica has to say. You will not be sorry.
Monday, November 3, 2008
I love it! Thanks Jen! If you get a chance, check out my web site and buy your friends and loved ones a unique gift for this holiday season. You could easily put together an Italian Charm starter bracelet and a few charms for under $20.00. That includes shipping! They will love you for it.
Are you a tea drinker? If so, which is your favorite brand and flavor?
P.S. I have lost 5 pounds just simply making a few minor changes to my diet. Woot!