Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to wish all the Mommy's out there a very happy Mother's Day. We absolutely deserve this special day. Sure we do what we do each day out of sheer love for our family. I get so much love and joy from my kids each day and I would not trade being there mommy for anything in the world.

This morning I woke up as usual with the kids yelling for food. My husband works nights so on Saturday night he has to transition back to his night time schedule from the weekend. That means he ends up staying up until like 4am. This morning I came downstairs and he was no where to be found. A little while later she shows up with my favorite coffee and breakfast tacos in hand. He had set his alarm to get up before me to get all this stuff done and get the kids up. He almost made it in time to get the kids up so I could sleep late. I was blown away. He had gotten maybe 3 hours of sleep in order to get this done for me. It was so incredibly sweet and I felt so special.

Later for dinner he made a special beef tenderloin with lobster. This was the first year we had our own beef available for the ranch. It definitely made a dinner like this much more affordable. A long time ago we used to go to this wonderful restaurant called Gumbo's in Austin. We had our favorite dish there and he has mastered recreating that dish for me at home. It has a cajun sauce with the beef tenderloin on top of that. Then he adds chopped lobster on top of that with a tarragon cream sauce. It is crazy good.

The best part was my girls. Victoria was not sure I was telling her the truth about Mother's day. I think she thought I was just being silly to get extra hugs and kisses. It took a Mother's day episode of Dora and her father walking in with flowers to convince her I was serious. Izzy is a completely different story. All she ever says is "no". It is her favorite word. We laugh all the time because all she ever does is answer every question with "no" and a shake of the head. I asked her if I could have a Mother's Day kiss. Then I asked if I was the best mommy in the whole world and if she loved me. All were quickly replied with no, no and no. What can I say. My sweet little crazy girls love me so much.

I was thrilled with everything. All in all it was an awesome Mother's Day thanks to my wonderful family. I hope everyone had an equally special day.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics