Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reconnecting

My husband and I have been married many years now and have 3 kids. We take all the time together we can get and work really hard to make the best of it. This last week we had the opportunity to vacation in Puerto Rico just the two of us. It was so very hard for me to leave my girls for that long. I have never been away from them for that long. My sister agreed to watch them while we were gone so I had no doubt they were in good hands.

Apparently a week in Puerto Rico is just what the doctor ordered. We talked, laughed and reconnected with each other. We toured the hot spots. We drank tropical drinks. All around it was just a great week. Yes, I missed my girls something terrible but dad and I needed some alone time. We talk to each other all the time about our day to day experiences. This gave us the opportunity to really talk to each other though. No interruptions. Just the two of us.

I highly recommend though for any parent taking a vacation without your kids to get yourself a couple of webcams. My sister hooked one up and I hooked one up to my laptop. It allowed me to see both of my girls every night face to face as opposed to just hearing their voice. It was great for my oldest because she missed us the most. It made all the difference in the world for all of us.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics