Friday, August 28, 2009

Internet Addiction?

Do you spend a lot of time on the internet and feel as though you have an internet addiction? I was watching the Today show this morning and they covered this issue. They specifically referred to a young man that ended up going to a retreat to address his addiction to the video game World of Warcraft. I love video games and especially love World of Warcraft. I have spent many hours a day playing. I have also spent many hours blogging and hanging out on Facebook and/or Twitter. While I was watching this I could not wrap my brain around the idea of consdering my game play time as an addiction. When I was younger I spent so many hours obsessed with one video game or another. That said, I still got the important things in my life done. I realized when I needed to stop in order to address my life's responsibilities. For that matter, I even worked for a video game company for many many years. At no point did I ever consider I had some sort of addiction and that I needed to search out help. I still play World of Warcraft and spend a lot of time on the internet doing various other things. It is actually something my husband and I do together. We have at least one night a week where we get together with my sister and some really close friends. We all play together and do a lot of laughing along the way.

What about you? Do you play any games? Are you addicted to something else like Twitter or Facebook?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics