Saturday, February 27, 2010

Let the frustrations begin

Today Vic had her interview for early entrance in to Kindergarten. I was so proud of her. She talks about how she really wants to go to Kindergarten. She went through this interview process like a champ. When she was done the came to me and told me she had scored really high in one part and they wanted to test her for gifted and talented. I was taken back a little by it all. I never really thought of her as gifted and talented and to be honest I still don't. I know she is smart and she is absolutely ready for Kindergarten this year. So, I made the appointment for this test. My frustration came when I was told in so many words not to get my hopes up. They told me the state had set the bar so high for early entrance it was unlikely she would score high enough to actually get accepted. I feel like all this is a waste of time. On the flip side what if by some miracle she is in the percentage that is high enough to qualify. I guess we will find out soon enough. It is all she talks about and she really wants to go.

*fingers crossed*

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics