Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Crazy Life

Things around here have really been completely insane. I feel as though I have not had a moments peace for over a month now. It all started out with all of us getting a nasty cold. Having sick kids is bad enough but when you are sick too it seems like it is a thousand times worse. While on the road to recovery we had some family come and visit. That was a lot of fun but sure did seem to be hectic. I think the worst part of this last month was really all the sickness. I think the fact that my kids have not gotten sick in years caught up with them in full force. The girls were non stop taking turns passing stuff around. I cannot even remember the last time I actually got a full night sleep without having to tend to one or the other. I spent more money in doctor copays over the last month than I have in their entire lives. Just when I thought we were out of it something else would hit us. I am hoping that I am not jinxing us but I think it has all finally passed.

All the while, I kept thinking of all the things I needed to get done that were not getting done. I had decided to take on the crazy task of doing our taxes. That normally would not seem like a huge deal but starting last year ours became a really big task and one I was afraid to tackle. I paid a fortune in fees last year to have someone else do it for me. I decided that it was time to tackle that beast myself so that all the money owed to us went into our bank account. I spent a week getting my business in order before moving on. I spent another week trying to decipher what was done last year. I decided it was time to start punching in the numbers and see where i would end up. I had nothing to lose except my sanity. I went slow and it took me several days to figure out each piece and feel comfortable with it. When it was all done I was certain it was messed up but I was so happy it was really over. The next day I received a call informing me of a minor mistake I had made. I was shocked and stunned. More importantly I was so incredibly proud of myself. It was definitely difficult but I stuck with it all the way and got it done. It was an awesome sense of accomplishment.

Once it was all done I suddenly realized I had all this free time. Kids seem to be healthy for now and the taxes are done for the year. I think those two things have taken over my life for this last month. It is so great to not feel the pressure and being able to just sit back, relax and enjoy my girls.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics