Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bisphenol-A (BPA) Free Baby Bottles

So, like most other mothers out there I have heard a lot of stuff on the news lately about Bisphenol-A (BPA). It is actually in so many common items including several baby items. The first item that got my attention really was baby bottles. At the time I was using Dr. Brown's because of the anti-colic venting system. I was a fan until I discovered the ones I was using did in fact contain BPA. All of this came about when my oldest was about 6 months old. I started looking into alternative items and found that the Nuby brand had several items that were BPA free.

My second child actually did not care much for the Nuby bottles. She just never seemed to be able to figure out how to get them to flow. It would be 45 minutes and she had only gotten an ounce of food in. So, I started looking around again. I found that some of the BPA bottles were quite expensive for my taste. I found the Sassy Mam Ultivent bottles. They were within my price range so I decided to give them a try. They have a lot of parts to clean like the Dr. Brown's but I do like them a lot. Along the way I found several sites with great information. The two I found to be my favorites are http://www.safemama.com/ and http://thesoftlanding.com/. The cheat sheets at Safemama are a great resource.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics