Monday, January 5, 2009

New Recipe Monday - Wilted Salad

I decided this year I was going to try a new recipe each week. I am going to look for healthier ones or even ways to make my old favorites a bit healthier. I figured it would be awesome to share them along the way. So, every Monday I will share a recipe from the week with you guys.

This week I made a wilted salad. I used a romained lettuce so it was not as wilted as it would be using something else. The recipe I made is as follows:

1 bunch Romaine Lettuce chopped
1/2 Red Onion sliced thin
5-6 slices of Bacon
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sugar

Add chopped romaine, onion, vinegar and sugar to a large bowl and mix. Chop bacon into small pieces and cook completely. Spoon cooked bacon over the salad using some of the drippings. Mix well and enjoy. Feel free to adjust the vinegar and sugar to taste. I start with what I have here and sometimes need to add a little more along the way.

I actually took this dish and made it with turkey bacon. I added a little olive oil to the pan to help with the drippings needed. You could also subsitute the sugar for splenda.

Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics