Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sisters Forever!

Sisterly love is such an awesome thing. I have one sister and she is one of my best friends. We were not always as close as we are now but I would not trade her for anything. Having 3 girls of my own I can only hope they share that same bond that I do with my sister. My sister and I have lived far apart for many years now. We have talked about her moving here to live near me but to be honest I felt it just would never happen. There were a lot of obstacles in the way. Ones that just seemed so impossible to overcome. I was truly convinced it would take nothing short of a miracle. I am a Texas girl living in Colorado and starting to get homesick. Just when I was planning my next trip home for a visit I got the best news ever. Someone was looking out for us in our quest to reconnect. My sister let me know she was finally making the leap and heading this way. I was excited but still not too sure it would actually happen. Here I sit just 3 days away from her arrival still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is finally going to happen. I am so excited I swear I am going to explode. She has had a tough time and I look forward to being able to help her make a new start.

Sisterhood is such a strong bond. I came across a phrase that sums it up perfectly.


"Sisters by chance, Friends by choice"

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics