Monday, January 19, 2009

Recipe Monday - Chicken Salad

I have been craving some chicken salad and this week I experimented with a recipe. It turned out very yummy. I had the little one help me put it all together and she loved it and ate it all like a champ. Here is the recipe I came up with:

1 Rotisserie Chicken
2 Stalks Celery chopped
1/2 Onion (I used red)
1/2 Bell Pepper (I used red)
2-3 Tbsp Mayo (I used light)

I took all the chicken off the bone. I chopped it into chunks and put it in a medium size bowl and added the celery. I took the onion and bell pepper and put them into my magic bullet food processor and turned them into a puree. I added the puree and the mayo to the bowl and mixed it all together. I added it a little at a time until I had the desired flavor and consistency. I am not a fan of chunks of peppers and onions but I love the flavor. This worked out perfectly for me and I still had the crunch from the celery. If you wanted to jazz things up just a bit more you could add some chopped apples to the mix. It may not sound like it but they add a really great flavor.

Enjoy!

Stumble It!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics