Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Forever and For Always

I am definitely no stranger to love and marriage. I have been married three times now. I like to think that the third time really is a charm. I was way too young when I was married before and had completely ignored the signs that told me those relationships were doomed before even starting. I swore to myself that I would never enter another marriage if there were any issues going in. I met my husband in the parking garage of the building we both worked in. I took one look at him and thought "Wow, he is hot!" So, I struck up a conversation with him. I have always been the type to go after what I wanted. That said, I decided to ask him out on a date. It really just happened actually. Some friends and I were going out to a sports bar to watch a basketball game and drink some beer. Yes, I know it seems odd but I am a huge San Antonio Spurs fan. I asked him if he wanted to join us. He did and we had a wonderful time. It turned out to be the start of the best part of my life. He even later confessed that he was so incredibly nervous prior to meeting me. Then he started thinking, "I am meeting a great girl to drink beer and watch basketball". What the heck did he have to be nervous about. It was every guys dream.

We have been married for 5 wonderful years now. I love him and I love our life so much. He is such an incredible husband and father. He supports me in everything I do. He makes a point every year to celebrate my birthday. Now that may not seem unusual but it is the way he puts it that makes it so much more special. He celebrates it truly because it was the beginning of my journey into his life. How awesome is that! He gave me two wonderful little girls. I believe in fate and that things happen for a reason. I was completely unable to have kids with either of my ex-husbands. When we decided to start a family we had no problem whatsoever. I am truly blessed and loved so very much. I feel it is time now for me to pay it back and make sure he knows how much I love and appreciate him. With time you get comfortable and tend to take things for granted. It is important to me that he knows how I feel and never has to wonder.

I am so excited that this Valentine's Day we are getting to go out on a date just the two of us. We have not done that in such a long time and have only done it twice in the last 3 years since our girls were born. My sister moved here and has agreed to babysit for us. I feel like we are going on that first date again. Since the girls were born he does not get near enough of my attention. He never complains but I know he needs more. I think this is our time to reconnect and spend more quality time focusing on us.

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Days of Whine & Noses said...

I hope the 3rd time really is a charm for you!

Have fun this weekend, you deserve it!

Sending some love from one MT'er to another!

Laura said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your special date.

ModernMommy said...

It sounds like you have a great marriage with the love of your life. Have a wonderful valentine's day!

 
Clicky Web Analytics